Monday, January 19, 2009

Reality Check!

Man, I had a great meeting with Sham today to get prepped for my new changes. But, ouch! He took measurements, weighed me and tested my body fat and BMI. Not good. It appears that if I continue on this path I will have health problems for sure. I haven't had a realistic body image for myself and I know that. So now I have to reconcile the way I feel on the inside with what others see on the outside.

Sham asked me to journal and take "before" photos so when I reach my goal I can be proud of where I came from. Sounds horrible because I'm still in the "before" stage! Sham is very sure of the results we can achieve and asked me to write my goals. So here goes...

My Goal: My ultimate goal for myself is to understand what got me to this place and let God heal those areas that make me self-destruct. I want to be completely whole inside (confident, content, happy, etc.) and physically strong, healthy and beautiful on the outside- a testimony to God's grace and love for me and anyone else looking for wholeness and healing. We are who we choose to be. I will meet my goal when the inside of me matches the outside and I am content in that place. I don't exactly know what that size is, but I have set a goal with Sham so he knows where I think I'm headed. Later, I may share those numbers with you but right now, that makes me feel a little vulnerable!

My 'goal' and what I feel are realistic expectations are two different things- but he sees my goal as realistic so I am encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment