Thursday, January 22, 2009

Get Real

I got real tonight. Really real. Scary real!

I took my "before" photos in 1. a workout outfit and 2. an old swimsuit I saved that I hope to one day fit into again. Whoa, that was depressing. I'm amazed at how 'off' my body image has gotten and to make it worse I remember being shy about how that old swimsuit fit me 10 years ago when I wore it last. What an idiot I was! I have so far to go that it's depressing.

HOWEVER, I have come up with some mantras that seem to help: I ask myself what New Shelly would do in a particular situation- I'm fond of New Shelly, she's just a better version of the old, not a replacement. I also remind myself that God is Bigger. He is bigger than my frustration, or my situation, or my hurts, or anything I find myself up against. HE is BIGGER.

Oh, and when I get to my goal, I might feel proud of these hideous photos and share them with you. But not til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment